تعليمكم هى اولوياتنا

A hard lesson every Arab girl has to learn





Have you ever asked associate degree Arab woman what words she associates with the streets of the Arab countries?

I will tell you that the primary factor which will return to her mind is “sexual harassment”. The second association would be “fear”. Those ar 2 things she has got to contend with from a awfully early age.

Every day before I go out of my house, I settle for the very fact that i will be able to get cat-called. i will be able to have American staten stare at me notwithstanding what proportion I hide or however “decent” my garments ar.

But the factor that scares American state the foremost is that i do know that the worst hasn’t happened to American state nevertheless. It’s once you hear stories from your shut friends that have had men grab their as**s and say unbearably inappropriate things to them on constant streets you only walked on yesterday, once you very begin to think: once can I be next?

And then there ar the fathers UN agency joke around with their daughters a few silly comment some guy yelled bent her. which simply causes you to surprise if this is often what it’s imagined to be like. Am I imagined to laugh once some random guy tells American state “You have to be compelled to be f*cked”? Am I the one who’s simply being “too serious” once ninety nine of Egyptian ladies are sexually harassed?(Research from U.N. Women)

It looks that the bulk take this subject terribly gently, even women. As if it ought to be acceptable to be violent towards anyone. On some days, it appears like society is simply patting those harassers on the rear as if sorry them for not being capable to “control themselves”. As if cat-calling associate degreed physically harassing strangers is associate degree urge that's troublesome to regulate or an incurable sickness that one is born with.

On different days, it appears like society is shoving it bushed my face, telling American state that I’m requesting it. That I’m creating those American staten stare at American state and decision me names as a result of I actually have a fairly face and I’m not covering it up. as a result of you'll be able to clearly tell that i'm skinny. as a result of i'm merely feminine.

In case you're confused by what the particular lesson here is, then let American state educate you: There ar 2 things i would like to form terribly clear. First off, i would like everybody to acknowledge that each woman has accepted her fate and can sleep in concern for the remainder of her life. The second half is up to you, my expensive reader. i would like you to know UN agency the important downside is. i would like you to require this as a lesson for yourself: harassment isn't one thing you ought to settle for. i would like you to inform the lads on the streets to drag themselves along rather than telling ladies to not leave the house.

I want to not sleep in concern.
عن مدير الموقع :